Sunday 11 January 2009

Comedy writers!

Have been reading scripts today. As a world class comedy producer I get sent some right turds I can tell you. I was reclining on two ottoman's pushed together loosening my skirt when I came across a piece of pure genius.
I ran straight to the water closet and did one of the longest, thinnests bowel movements of my life in sheer glee.
I had received a gift of a script from a new writer who'd been around for some time. It was a wonderfully original piece about two men who live in a flat and talked to each other. I rampantly rushed through the script salivating over every page (must buy j-cloths). I immediately faxed it through to the Head of Comedy's private fax contraption... fingers crossed that he's as erect as I continue to be over this.

Bumped into a couple of actors I barely know in the Electric Bar and Grill on London's trendy Portobelly Road. They were enjoying a large plate of chippos between them so I sat down and cheekily pinched a couple. I licked the mayonaise off the table before I heard a voice ask 'excuse me who are you?'. I laughed uproariously before re-introducing myself. They left soon after, probably to write on their blogs about our hilarious encounter. I finished their chippos.

Caught up on some shows I'd missed whilst working so hard on my last big hit. It felt like forever since I'd had the time to watch comedy as opposed to making it. Started with a little show called 'The Peep Show Show'. Glorious stuff. I must tell people about it at work, they won't have their fingers on the button so I see it as my duty to keep them informed.
I then moved on to 'The Inbetweenies Show', 'The In Crowd' and finishing with 'The Greening Grass of Home'. I found them all delicious but then port wine always makes me gigglesome.

Till next time, dear readers, it's time for my jacuzzi bath. Bubbly Wubbly!