Tuesday 6 January 2009

Welcome!

And a happy new year to you!

2009 is sure to be another fantastic year for me. I feel exhilarated as I stand here on the threshold of a whole new universe of opportunity. With over fifteen years of comedy producing under my belt I'm finally an executive, in charge of my own destiny and in charge of all MY lovely shows. I'm looking forward to this year especially because my next big hit is teetering on the horizon. The BBC are sure to love my fantastic new idea - a cartoon sitcom! Can you believe I thought that up all myself? Lo! It makes you think there may be a God somewhere. Though I subscribe to the view that God is in all of us. Especially me! Joke.

I first thought of the idea when a junior member of my team approached me with the idea. The poor boy was having trouble writing the thing so I employed a writer I'd been championing for a while. I'd discovered this young talent all by myself when he was brought to me by a young talent scheme. He's very funny but very uppity, asking for some sort of creative control. Well, I don't know about you but when a WRITER starts using words like 'creativity' I begin to smell a rat. If I'm the one putting his words on the telly-box I damn well deserve my piece of the pie.

It's a drag but one NEEDS to break young talent or they become very difficult to control.

Well I'm tired now, the bottle's nearly empty and the cheese is running low. I better make a start on the pate before bed or I won't have time for trifle.